Pages

Sunday 12 June 2011

Days 11 - 17 - Dukan Diet Cruise Phase

Wow, I finally got to the Dukan Diet Cruise Phase. I thought it was relatively easy to do the Attack Phase and wasn't really looking forward to introduce vegetables. I think it was mainly because I now have to really think about what to cook. Before I could cook the family a meal they really enjoyed but from now on they will have to eat a Dukan friendly meal. So I suppose it will be trial and error until I find something they really like.

For the rest of the diet I will put up a weekly blog rather than a daily one. The weight loss should be about a kilo a week from what I've read on other websites so rather than weighing every day, I'd be looking at the overall weight loss for the week.

With a total weight loss of 3.6kg for the Attack Phase, I'm motivated to loose the rest. I can already feel some clothes fitting better and my tummy has definitely shrunk a little.

Starting weight on Cruise was 88.8kg. On the morning of Day 17 I weighed 87.8kg, which is a loss of 1kg for the first week on Cruise and a total weight loss of 4.6kg.

I started eating what is allowed on the Dukan diet, but with friends over for dinner twice this week and having gone to the Cooly Rocks On festival, I have been naughty. So instead of listing what I've eaten for the week, I'd rather tell you the bad stuff I ate.

On day 13 I roasted chicken drumsticks vegetables (pumpkin, potato & carrot). I couldn't resist the potato and had three small ones. Despite this I still lost 400g that day.

Day 14 was a PP day and I pretty much stuck to the diet (just in case those potatoes only show it's weight today)

Day 15 was a really bad PV day. I had all good intentions making pumpkin soup to take with me to playgroup, as everybody has some morning tea there and I usually just sit there not eating anything. Playgroup got cancelled so we decided to go to the Cooly Rocks On festival. I forgot my lunch bag in the car and didn't realise until we got to the other side of town. So we decided to have lunch somewhere. I ordered savoury mince and egg, but the savoury mince would have had lots of bad stuff in it.
Then we had friends over for a fish stir fry and prawns. Hubby cooked and briefly forgot that I can't have most of the stuff (like the sauce and noodles and some of the vegetables). I didn't want to be rude so I ate a medium sized portion of the lot. I know - very very naughty. I was good enough not to have the garlic bread, but did have a tiny little bit of the berry pie for desert. I made some Meringue cakes and cheesecake for my desert & explained that I'm on a diet and couldn't eat the pie and ice cream. Rude I know but I have been naughty enough.
So after Day 15 I expected to pick up at least 500g, but somehow, I still lost 100g. All that walking must have been enough to cancel out the extra calories.

Day 16 was meant to be a PP day but I had some leftover pumpkin soup and was planning a beef stroganoff for the family so decided I'll just go one more PV and balance it out over the fortnight.
Oops, I gained 200g because of that, but decided it won't get me down because of the overall weight loss for the week still being on track.

Today, Day 17 and the last day of the first week on Cruise will be a PP day and I will be very good. It's raining and I don't know what I'll do for exercise but I'm thinking of going to the shopping centres for a browse. Not brisk walking but I'm sure it's better than nothing.

I still have not felt like I've been on a diet as far as headaches & tiredness goes, but did have a slight headache the morning after having the stir fry.

With nearly a quarter of my excess weight lost, I'm ready for the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment